Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Second day. Hey, hey, hey!

Happy first week of school
to most people here in GA!

I thought I would open with
a photo of moi as a Kindergartener!

*Please note my SWEEEEEET Lisa Frank folder*

I pretty much have the same
hair-do without the straight bang.

Another fun fact...

I HAVE NOT LEFT SCHOOL
SINCE THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN!!

Yes, you read that correctly...
I have been IN school
{as a student} since 1993.

I have been a student for 20 years!!

Anyways...ha!

Oh. My. Goodness.
I am more in love with my
student teaching school than
I was when I observed there
earlier in my "career".

If you ever get the chance
to volunteer/observe/teach
in a Title 1 school...DO IT!

I know some are thinking, "That
is NOT my thing." or. "Those 
schools scare me." Not all 
Title 1 schools are the same.

I truly believe these schools
receive a bad reputation in movies
and other sources of media.

The kids at my school have taught me so much
and not even realized they are helping me 
just as much as I am helping them. 

This school and kids
 have taught me:

 -To be thankful for all I have.
- On my worst day, there is someone
who is struggling/needing more.
- NEVER form an opinion about
 a child based on what other 
teachers tell you.
- Money doesn't buy love, 
happiness, or family.

There are so many more lessons
taught but the last point
means the most to me.

I see so many students who
may not have all items they need
but they have family, friends and
can make any situation a happy one.

I am so excited to work with
my 52 4th graders!

I finally was able to set up my area.
I am so excited my teacher was nice
enough to get a desk for me. Enjoy!

Petite and perfect!

I never sit here, UNLESS the
students aren't in the room so
the size is perfect!

My adorable pencil holder
my sister gave me for Christmas.

My bare bookshelf.
I need more items!

My magnetic board.
All of those photos have plans
for photo frames.

I know the bottom, left photo
seems a bit interesting...
here is a better version of it.

Yes...this is Mrs. Word in the 4th grade,
throwing up the peace signs in the red anorak.
 Spice Girls style!
{My kids got a kick out of this!}

Okay...time for bed
5 o'clock comes early!

No comments:

Post a Comment